Audit Committee (Fire and Rescue)
The Audit Committee (the Committee) has been established to provide independent assurance to the Authority in accordance with the Financial Management Code of Practice. The role of the Audit Committee is to advise the PFCC according to good governance principles and to adopt appropriate risk management arrangements in accordance with proper practices and the associated control environment and to oversee the financial reporting process.
The Committee will operate in line with the principles of good governance as laid down by the Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy (CIPFA) and the Financial Management Code of Practice for the Police Service of England and Wales. The terms of reference of the Committee will be reviewed on an annual basis.
The Committee is an independent body and will seek assurance over the adequacy of the following:
- The risk management and the internal control framework operated by the Chief Fire Officer.
- The effectiveness of the governance arrangements.
- The appointment, support and quality of the work of internal and external auditors as they provide assurance on risk management, internal controls and the annual accounts through their work.
- Financial and non-financial performance to the extent that it affects the PFCC’s exposure to risk, weakens the control environment and undermines their ability to provide good value for money.
- The financial reporting process.
- The contract procedures rules, financial regulations and code of conduct and behaviour.
Minutes and Papers Open Close
|17 June 2022||17.6.22|
|18 March 2022||18.3.22|
|17 December 2021||17.12.21|
|24 September 2021||24.9.21|
|23 July 2021||23.7.21|
|25 June 2021||25.6.21|
|26 March 2021||26.3.21|
|18 December 2020||18.12.20|
|25 September 2020||25.9.20|
|ECFRS Audit Committee||24.7.20|
|ECFRS Audit Committee||26.6.20|
|ECFRS Audit Committee||20.3.20|
|ECFRS Audit Committee||13.12.19|
|ECFRS Audit Committee||27.9.19|
|ECFRS Audit Committee||26.7.19|
|ECFRS Audit Committee||21.6.19|
|ECFRS Audit Committee||15.12.17|
|ECFRS Audit Committee 6 April 2018||31.10.18|
|ECFRS Audit Committee 10 July 2018||31.10.18|
|ECFRS Audit Committee 27 July 2018||31.10.18|
|ECFRS Audit Committee 28 September 2018||18.12.18|
|Audit Committee December 2018||12.12.18|
|Audit Committee March 2019||22.3.19|