Please do not report a crime here.
In an emergency please telephone 999 if…
- A crime is happening right now.
- Someone is in immediate danger, or there is a risk of serious damage to property.
- A suspect for a serious crime is nearby.
- There is a traffic collision involving injury or danger to other road users.
For non-emergency calls please please use Essex Police online service which can be accessed here or telephone 101
Use this service to:
- Report a crime not currently in progress – for example a stolen car, burglary, or damaged property.
- Give information to the police about crime in your area.
- Speak to the police about a general enquiry.
- Contact a specific police officer or member of staff.
The PFCC cannot provide updates on how a crime is being investigated. If your enquiry is about an operational policing matter, we will pass on your request to Essex Police for them to respond to you directly.
As Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner (PFCC), I oversee Essex Police and Essex County Fire and Rescue Service and have responsibility for ensuring that the services are efficient, effective and fair.
My office will reply to all correspondence within 25 working days, and will inform you if it is not possible to respond in full within this period.
As PFCC, I am keen that everyone has an opportunity to provide feedback on their experiences of policing in Essex. You are welcome to:
Do not use the contact form to report crime or Coronavirus breaches as we are not the police.
Contact Essex Police on 101 to report a crime or 999 if an emergency. You can also report crime online or use the ‘live chat’ facility at www.essex.police.uk
Contact us using our form:
Please note due to COVID 19 our offices are not currently staffed. Using the contact form will enable us to respond to your query quickly.
If you wish to telephone us you will need to leave an answer phone message on the following number 01245 291600, telling us your name, contact number and the reason for your call.
If you would like to write to this office there may be a delay in receiving a response.
Write to us:
Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner for Essex
Our office hours are:
Mon-Fri: 8.30am to 4.30pm
Click here for more information on how to make a compliment or complaint.
The PFCC for Essex is an independent organisation. Should you wish to report a crime please contact Essex Police on the non-emergency-number 101.