Performance and Resource Board (Fire and Rescue)
The Board has been established to enable the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner in his role as the Essex Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner Fire and Rescue Authority to review Essex County Fire and Rescue Service’s (ECFRS) performance, ensure that budgeted resources are closely aligned with fire priorities and to ensure that resources are effectively and efficiently being utilised.
The Board will enable the Commissioner to maintain effective oversight of the totality of the fire and rescue service and to hold the Chief Fire Officer to account for the delivery of fire and rescue services and the delivery against the priorities in the Fire and Rescue Plan.
The Terms of Reference of the Board will be reviewed on an annual basis.
The Board will :
- Scrutinise, support and challenge the overall performance of the fire and rescue service including against the priorities agreed within the Fire and Rescue Plan and Integrated Risk Management Plan.
- Hold the Chief Fire Officer to account for functions, which are delegated, to them or functions of persons under the direction and control of the Chief Fire Officer.
- Advise the Commissioner on actions to be taken to maintain an efficient, effective and economic fire and rescue service for Essex.
- Consider and discuss different themes or subjects for scrutiny, challenge and support.
- Monitor actual revenue spend against budget, and the forecast outturn advising corrective action where appropriate in order to further advance the priorities of the service.
- Monitor actual and forecast capital expenditure and the resourcing of that expenditure against the approved capital programme advising the Strategic Board on progress achieved.
- Monitor the progress made in delivering the planned transformation savings.
- Publish the agenda and minutes to ensure transparency of process of review and scrutiny.