Police, Fire & Crime Panel
The Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner will be scrutinised by the Police, Fire and Crime Panel. Their role is to support the effective exercise of the PFCC’s functions.
The Panel is made up of representatives from each district. Two independent members have also been appointed.
The Panel has a number of functions. These are:
- Scrutiny of the Police and Crime Plan and Fire and Rescue Plan
- Scrutiny of the Annual Report for the police and the Fire and Rescue Statement
- Scrutiny of the appointment and dismissal of the Chief Constable and Chief Fire Officer
- Scrutiny of the appointment of the OPFCC Chief Executive, OPFCC Chief Financial Officer, Deputy PFCC and Essex County Fire and Rescue Service Chief Financial Officer.
- to review the fire and rescue precept and policing precept proposed by the PFCC with the power of veto
- deal with non criminal complaints against the DPFCC and PFCC
The Panel is required to hold a minimum of four public meetings a year.
The website of the Police, Fire and Crime Panel for Essex, including meeting dates and papers prepared for the Panel by the PFCC, can be found here.