Protecting vulnerable people and breaking the cycle of domestic abuse
Our objective is to give a voice to those who need protection, support the vulnerable and reduce the number of people who become a victim of crime in their communities or their homes.
- Drive consistency and better performance in the response to domestic abuse across all agencies to bring more perpetrators to justice and reduce repeat offending.
- Have an even sharper focus on promoting awareness of domestic abuse, protecting, and supporting victims and survivors, and their dependents, investing further to strengthen the support available to them.
- Building on the work already started to further develop our understanding of the specific nature and impact of domestic abuse in rural communities and invest in initiatives to prevent and tackle it.
- Continue the programme of investment in dedicated officers working in collaboration with other partners to support high volume, repeat victims and tackle repeat perpetrators and break the cycle of domestic abuse.
- Work with the Criminal Justice System to monitor the use and effectiveness of legislation in managing offenders, such as Domestic Violence Protection Orders, Domestic Abuse Protection Orders and Stalking Protection Orders.
- Seek the early introduction of electronic tags for perpetrators of Domestic Abuse and related offences, such as stalking, harassment, physical abuse, and coercive control, upon release from prison to better protect victims and address the behaviours of offenders.
- Work with other agencies to jointly invest in behavioural change programmes for perpetrators to break the cycle of domestic abuse.
Invest resources into activity essential in preventing the harm caused by high-risk sexual offenders.
- Support victims of human trafficking and modern slavery, including sexual exploitation, and continue to promote close working with the UK Border Agency, National Crime Agency, and national and regional partners to support victims and bring perpetrators to justice.
- Ensure that Essex Police work with all communities across Essex to hold the confidence of those communities and work together to effectively challenge discrimination and tackle crime.
So that we protect those who are most at risk of harm.
Performance Outcomes and Indicators
We will help Essex Police and Partners protect those who are most at risk of harm
1. All Domestic Abuse Offences
2. All Child Abuse Offences
3. Domestic Abuse Solved Numbers
4. Child Abuse Solved Numbers
5. Independent Public Confidence Survey