Protecting children and vulnerable people from harm
“Our objective is to ensure children and vulnerable people are appropriately safeguarded and that they receive the help and support they need”
Working with safeguarding partners and the Southend, Thurrock and Essex Safeguarding Boards we will:
- Promote prevention and early intervention to keep children safe from all forms of abuse including child sexual abuse, emotional abuse, physical abuse and neglect and Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE).
- Promote and encourage partnerships to challenge and support Essex Police to deliver and susatin improvements to outcomes in child protection interventions.
- Work with frontline professionals including doctors, nurses, teachers and social workers to identify signs of abuse and understand how best to refer victims for support.
- Improve reporting rates of sexual abuse and ensure victims have access to appropriate support.
- Use initiatives such as street triage to intervene early to help people with mental health, alcohol and drug misuse issues, to stay safe and stay out of the Criminal Justice System where appropriate.
- Deliver awareness campaigns for children and young people to improve understanding of healthy relationships through schools and public health information.
- Respond to the needs of individuals and local communities who are vulnerable to specific crime types such as hate crime, elder abuse, harassment, human trafficking, female genital mutilation (FGM), forced marriage and honour based abuse (HBA)
- Improve reporting of hate incidents through improved community engagement and greater use of Hate Crime Reporting Centres.
So that children and vilnerable people are kept safe from harm
Performance Outcomes and Indicators
Children and vulnerable people are kept safe from harm
1 Number of child abuse outcomes
2 Child Sexual Abuse/Exploitation investigations
3 Child abuse solved rate
4 Modern Slavery referrals made to the National Referral Model (NRM)