Crack down on anti-social behaviour
“Our objective is to keep our communities safe across the whole of Essex, reducing the disruption and distress anti-social behaviour causes people”
Working with partners we will:
- Tackle anti-social behaviour to prevent longer-term and more serious crime.
- Target repeat and high harm anti-social behaviour through the development of Community Safety Hubs to include police, Community Safety Officers, licensing, housing and environmental health in every policing district.
- Make greater use of Restorative Justice (RJ) to help put right the harm caused by anti-social behaviour, making clear to perpetrators the effect their behaviour has on individuals and communities.
- Improve the response of police and partners to anti-social behaviour by listening to local communities and drawing on evidence to increase public confidence.
- Support the community spirit shown through the Covid-19 crisis to strengthen communities, to tackle ASB and ensure criminals have no place to thrive.
- Improve engagement and communication between police and local communities so that the public have confidence that the police understand and act on local issues, and the public have access to advice and crime and anti-social behaviour in their area.
So that anti-social behaviour is effectively tackled by police and partners
Performance Outcomes and Indicators
Anti-social behaviour is effectively tackled by police and partners
- Reduction in number of all anti-social behaviour incidents (actual and %).
- Percentage of people who have confidence that the policing response to ASB is improving