Supporting our officers and staff
Our objective is to ensure that the officers, staff and volunteers in Essex Police and the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner’s office receive the support they need to keep delivering an outstanding service to the public, that they reflect all of our communities across Essex and can go about their work safely.
- Support the proposed Police Covenant and ensure this works for our officers, staff and volunteers in Essex.
- Push for the doubling of sentences for assaults on Emergency Service Workers.
- Ensure effective support and investment in health and wellbeing services, acknowledging the difficult and challenging situations that officers and staff may experience in the course of their duties.
- Foster a supportive culture within Essex Police and the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner’s office with an increase in diversity and an inclusive recruitment and development strategy so that people from all segments of our community can aspire to serve the public through these services.
- Invest in those who volunteer for the roles within the PFCC’s office including Restorative Justice, Independent Custody Visitors and Dog Welfare Visitors to ensure they feel skilled, valued and appreciated.
So that staff, volunteers and officers are supported and recognised for the contribution they make to preventing crime and keeping our county safe.
Performance Outcomes and Indicators
Staff, volunteers and officers are supported and recognised for the contribution they make to preventing crime and keeping our county safe
- Number of Ethnic minority officers and staff to be more reflective of the population in Essex