Our objective is to build a culture of collaboration and continue to unlock resources to reinvest so we can provide even better emergency services in Essex.
- Build on the success of our Joint Education Team and deliver more joined up prevention and community safety work.
- Utilise the substantial estate of both policing and the fire and rescue service to help deliver a better, more accessible service to the public and improve operational effectiveness.
- Continue to expand the use of fire stations as drop-in centres for policing colleagues and invest in the co-location of a new build police station alongside the existing fire station in Harwich and Dovercourt.
- Pool capital budgets and deliver a shared long-term capital investment strategy to help the services embrace demographic, environmental and technological changes and improve public safety.
- Deliver on our commitment to see a joint fleet workshop to bring together skills and experience and ensure that our people have fit for purpose facilities.
- Pursue a shared control facility to maximise capacity, capability, and resilience.
- Develop the Tri-Service Rural Community Officer model to prevent harm and reduce vulnerability in our rural communities.
- Build on the success of collaboration during the response to the COVID-19 pandemic, including:
Looking at what more we can do, including with the East of England Ambulance Service, around joint strategic planning, management of strategic risks and improved operational efficiency.
Share data, safely and effectively, to identify and support the vulnerable.
Work together to support staff, officers and fire fighters.
- Continue to maximise the benefits of collaboration between Essex and Kent Police.
- Explore opportunities for a shared service model across the East of England, including Kent, with other willing partners in police and fire and rescue and possibly other agencies.
So that crime is reduced, communities are kept safe and the public get the best possible service.
Performance Outcomes and Indicators
Increasing collaboration – Crime is reduced, communities are kept safe and the public get the best possible service
- Emergency Services Collaboration Financial Savings