Encouraging volunteers and community support
Our objective is to work with our communities to prevent crime, support victims and ensure that criminals have no place to operate.
- Continue to grow the Special Constabulary with the aim to have a Special Constable in every town and parish, growing the Community Special programme, and one supported by every major business through the Employer Supported Policing Scheme.
- Continue to support and collaborate with Neighbourhood Watch and further develop other watch schemes such as Farm and Rural Watch, and Pub Watch as well as supporting Crimestoppers.
- Invest in those who volunteer for the roles embedded in the PFCC’s Office including Restorative Justice Volunteers, Independent Custody Visitors and Dog Welfare Visitors to ensure they feel skilled, valued and appreciated.
- Give young people a voice and work with them to understand the particular risks and challenges they face and use this insight to develop how Essex Police and Partners work with them to prevent and tackle crime.
- In collaboration with partners provide more opportunities for young people to make a positive contribution to their communities through engaging in positive activity such as the Firebreak Scheme and Police and Fire Cadets.
- Work with the government to make sure the pledged £500m investment in youth services delivers for young people in Essex.
So that more members of our communities come forward as volunteers and work together to get crime down.
Performance Outcomes and Indicators
More members of our communities come forward as volunteers and work together to get crime down
1. Independent Public Confidence Survey