New Victim’s Code
The Ministry of Justice has published its new Victim’s Code today.
You can view it here
We are committed to ensuring victims receive the support they are entitled to under the Victim’s Code of Practice and will ensure services for victims are driven by their needs and provide the necessary support to help them cope and move on from the crime.
• We believe victims should be at the heart of the criminal justice system and are placing a special emphasis on their needs within each and every policing priority.
• Every victim should receive the services they are entitled to under the Victim’s Code and we will ensure that the criminal justice agencies are held to account for the delivery against the code.
• Everyone who reports a crime should be kept informed and updated about their case.
• People who have experienced harm should receive appropriate support and be directly involved in the design of their services.
• We commission services which are driven by the needs of the victim and regularly seek feedback to improve and provide even better support, so victims are able to cope and recover from their experience.
• Our Restorative Justice Services, which are focused on the needs of the victims, have expanded to enable more victims to have access.
To find out more about the support we commission and how you can access it go to:
Domestic Abuse Support: Essex Compass
Sexual Abuse Support: Synergy Essex Partnership of Rape Crisis Centres