Live Web chat – PCC and Chief Constable
What question will you ask your Police and Crime Commissioner or Chief Constable?
Essex residents who want to quiz Roger Hirst, the new PCC for Essex, or Chief Constable Stephen Kavanagh, will have their opportunity to put their questions in a live webchat on the evening of Monday June 27.
As the new Police and Crime Plan for Essex is developed over the summer, the PCC has recently published details of some of the key issues for local communities, which were reflected in the manifesto on which he was elected as PCC. These include:
– addressing Anti-Social Behaviour before it develops into more serious criminal activity
– ensuring Essex Police is more local, visible and accessible
– continuing to focus on tackling domestic abuse
– tackling serious violent and sexual crime
– disrupting gangs and organised crime and preventing the exploitation of vulnerable people
– supporting victims of crime and safeguarding vulnerable people
– changing and improving driver behaviour given that Road Traffic Collisions kill more people in Essex than all other forms of violent crime put together
More details can be seen here
All of these subjects and more will be up for debate as the PCC and Chief Constable go online to talk with you and answer your questions.
The live webchat will be taking place on Monday June 27 from 5pm to 7pm and people can join in by logging on to: http://essex.police.uk/talkbacklive
People can email their questions in advance to: [email protected]
Post them on the Essex Police Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/EssexPoliceUK
Or submit them on the night via the above weblink.